A Tasmanian Whisky Event
Heartwood & Tasmanian Independent Bottlers will team up again with Destination Cellars for an evening of great drams and erudite banter from Mr H in person in the beautiful surrounds of RACV Hobart Hotel on Thursday August 20th at 7pm.
This is NOT an online event! Tasmanian whisky lovers – you are invited to join us in person to celebrate some fabulous local whisky from one of the most awarded independent bottlers in the world.
Here’s a line up to make you salivate:
1. You will get the first look at the latest release of the TIB Vatted Malt #4 at 49.9% abv Hot off the bottling line, Mr H has produced this “imminently slurpable” unique blend of three singe malts produced at Australian distilleries. This vatting was constructed from three separate casks that all previously held sherry. Bottled at 49.9%
2. TIB Vatted Malt #3 at 49.6% abv consisting of two ex-Sherry casks from ‘a Renowned NSW Distillery’, & a splash of peated ex-Sherry cask from local Adams Distillery.
3. TIB Fleurieu Distillery Release 2 FL0011 Sherry Cask Single Malt Whisky 49.2% – a beautiful Sherried whisky – a huge hit when it was released last year, another whisky from the archives!
4. Heartwood ‘Don’t @#$%&* it up, Son’! Cask Strength Vatted Malt Whisky – Junior H’s first crack under the Heartwood brand, Louis Duckett (Tim Duckett’s son) & it’s a beauty! It consists of the first Tokay cask filled by Lark + some younger sherried whisky and the tiniest bit (‘0.003%) of youthful peated whisky. Bottled at 59.65%abv
5. Heartwood ?? “Special new release” you will get to be the first people to taste a new Heartwood release from Mr H. His generosity knows no bounds.
TIB is run by local alchemist Tim Duckett (aka Mr H), producer of the famed high- octane Heartwood brand, who has created TIB to offer a more gentle style of whisky with less ‘mongrel’ than the Heartwood releases. Heartwood has won countless awards on some of the most prestigious whisky stages over the past decade and TIB is now following suit.
He sources spirit from Tasmania, mainland Australia, and New Zealand based on its texture and flavour profile. It is then matched to a specific barrel type. Currently they have selected 15 barrel types for maturation of the spirit including:
Sherry, Port, Bourbon, Muscat, Botrytis, Virgin oak, Re-educated 2nd fill, Rum, Bourbon Rum, Sherry Rum, Tokay, PX, Rye, Whisky beer. Also they will have oats, rye, & apple spirit. Exciting times.
TIB Awards: The Wizards of Whisky World Whisky Awards 2019 Australasian Producer of the Year 2019 Tasmanian Independent Bottlers. 2018 Independent Bottlers Challenge Winner.
Limited amounts of stock will be available to purchase at great prices to attendees on the night (online or in-store purchase/pick up)
Tickets are $80 per person and must be booked in advance as seats are limited.
Stock of selected items will be available to purchase at discounted rates to attendees, plus finger food, and good times will be provided in a very Covid safe environment.
Thursday August 20th at 7pm at RACV Hobart Hotel, 154-156 Collins St, Hobart (03) 6270 8600
Questions: (03) 62313400 or email@example.com
* Your order number will be your booking number. You will not need or be issued a ticket, as we have your booking details. We will touch base with you again a day before the event. Thank you for booking with Destination Cellars.
** Refunds given with 24 hours notice