Tickets to the August Star Theatre whisky event are now available!
FRIDAY AUGUST 05, 7.45pm
Whisky Tasting – Hobart Whisky versus Scotland
**This is a Tas Whisky Week 2022 Partner Event**
The featured distillery on the night will be Hobart Whisky, with Distillery Manager John Jarvis on hand and in attendance.
Barrel & Batch Whisky Co-Op founder Ray Daniel will also join via live video stream.
The evening will pit Tasmanian Hobart Whisky expressions against similar cask and alcohol strength offerrings from Scottish Distilleries.
$69 Cost includes:
FEATURED DISTILLERY – Hobart Whisky
– Ex-Bourbon / Ex-Single Malt Cask matured (~51% ABV)
– Ex-Bourbon matured, Ex-Sherry Solera Finished (~47% ABV)
– Ex-Bourbon matured, Ex-Laphroaig Quarter Cask Finished (~60% ABV)
FEATURED SCOTTISH – Various
Welcome drink (25ml serve):
Johnnie Walker Black Label Speyside Origin 12 year old blended malt (42%)
– Cardhu 11 Year Old 2020 Special Release (56%)
– The Darkness Campbeltown 6 year old Oloroso Octave Finish – from the Barrel & Batch Whisky Co-op (58.1% ABV)
– Lp12 Elements of Islay (Laphroaig) 6 year old (54.7% ABV)
FOOD – light tasting morsels
Numbers are limited to 25 whisky tasting participants in The Star Theatre’s private function room.
Some drinks featured are high in ABV and served at ‘cask strength’, so please drink responsibly.
COVID safe hygiene measures will be in effect.
Cancellation policy: Tickets can only be refunded or transferred up to 48 hours prior to the start of the event.